Friday, July 18, 2008

For all the grills I have known

Our grill used to be near a fig tree in our backyard. Two years ago, we cut the fig tree down. Today our grill died. Our neighbour noticed a gas smell in his back yard. We called the gas company and the man they sent found a leak. He declared that our grill's condition was terminal.

This is the only song I can think of that will help our total lack of incinerated meat.



Man, Louisiana has some great music.

Here is their website.

Update:

In the comments John Moss recommended the Char-Broil 940. I like Char-Broil, they are based in Columbus, which means I'm buying locally, more or less. The 940 was tempting, but in the end I channeled Tim Allen and went for its bigger sibling. The tipping point was when we found out that Consumer Reports rated ours a 'Best Buy'.

The behemoth is now in its place of honour on our patio. Tonight, we grill!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew, my man...with due condolences to you for the loss of your grill...you've gotta go charcoal, brother. I don't mean to badger with partisan rancor at this time of loss and grief, but...well, maybe your grill gave up the ghost for you. Greater love hath no friend than this.

The missus and I feel your pain, sir.

Anonymous said...

A word to the wise is sufficient:

Charbroil 940

There is no other.

The quest should be over.

Good Luck.

John Moss

plsdeacon said...

My condolences to you and your family on the demise of your gas grill.

My further condolences on your decision to purchase another gas grill.

Grilling with charcoal (lump is preferred) is the best way to go for flavor. There is just something primal about cooking with wood.

YBIC,
Phil Snyder