Monday, January 28, 2008

They are a mystery

Or rather mysteries. As I noted earlier, I've been reading the mystery series by Mark Schweizer. I'm reading the fifth and last (The Bass Wore Scales) and am enjoying it enormously. As mysteries, they are no great shakes, the author typically withholds clues until the big reveal at the end, but as character stories these books deliver nicely. Go read them.

The sixth in the series will be published at the end of next month. It's already pre-ordered over at Amazon!

And no, I am not getting paid for this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the new book! I tend to view them more as wry commentaries on the humorous aspects of the Episcopal church, and of small towns in particular. Having attended many churches in similar settings, before the Current Unpleasantness, I can often recognize the characters, at least by type.

Dr. Alice said...

As the old radio show said, I love a mystery. I'll give these a look. Thanks for the recommendation!