Thursday, August 23, 2007

Duality

One of the things that has always bugged me is that I'm typically categorized as a 'baby boomer'. I was born in 1960, which demographically was the height of the baby boom. However, none of my friends or myself ever felt like we had anything in common with the 'Woodstock generation". Our attitude has consistently been that of Cartman.

There's a bit of a buzz in Anglican circles about a perceived generation gap between the orthodox (Generation X) and the re-appraisers (Baby Boomers). Brad Drell started it, Stand Firm and Baby Blue have commented on it and I'm the same age as Kendall Harmon. Which fact has made me feel ambivalent about the whole thing.

The good news is that I am not only a Baby Boomer, but I'm also a member of the much cooler and more hip 'Generation X'. To quote my sister "Go me!".

No comments: