Saturday, April 12, 2008

An Interesting Parish

St. Thomas Episcopal Church, Diocese of Washington, asserts that it is a "An inclusive and welcoming congregation." However, when I've tried to view their website (using both Firefox and IE) the message I'm seeing "You are not authorised to view this resource. You need to login." This is from their homepage.

I'm not feeling included or welcomed.

{Addendum: As of late last night I was welcomed again. Holy Communion of the Unbaptized, Batman! They remind me eversomuch of good ol' St. Barts next door to us.}

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Weird. I can get in no problem. You must be on a blacklist. I must be doing something wrong.
Soldier on.

.....CLIFFORD said...

I got in, too. And once you do, go to their "What to expect when you visit" page and you'll see this:

"All people seeking a deeper knowledge and fuller love of God are welcome to receive communion."

Which doesn't exactly square with this:

"Sec. 7. No unbaptized person shall be eligible to receive Holy Communion in this Church." (Canon 1.17.7)

Not that anyone in power will care.....